One of my favorite go to breakfast recipes is this easy baked oatmeal. Incredibly versatile, I don’t think you can mess it up! You can add anything you want to it and it’ll pretty much be amazing. This is especially great for the self-proclaimed hotmess mom-like myself. I found this recipe on Pinterest about 4 years ago and have been making it ever since.
You can get the full recipe as well as directions and other substitution ideas on the original link: get full recipe here
- 2 cups (175 grams) old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (70 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice (you can substitute cinnamon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (55 grams) walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup (125 grams) sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup (58 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups (473 ml) reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, peeled, 1/2-inch slices
For my oatmeal today I left out the zest, five spice (used cinnamon instead), walnuts and used whole milk. I also added frozen blueberries before putting it in the oven.
Out of the oven and looking a little rough but trust the process!
It was so good and my family loves it!
What would you add to your delicious oatmeal?